International Certificate of Competence (ICC) 
If you want to cruise outside the UK you are likely to need certification, often in the form of the International Certificate of Competence (ICC). 
RYA courses can help you achieve this, with the Powerboat Level 2 and Day Skipper certificates (or above) providing evidence of your competence to qualify you for the ICC. 
Experienced skippers can also qualify for the ICC by taking a direct assessment, rather than a full course which can be arranged on a bespoke basis. 
In addition the ICC, you should also be aware of the local requirements for skippers, boats and licences wherever you go and, if possible, take with you translations of the certificates that you hold.  
More details about the usefulness of the ICC is here 
Our site uses cookies. For more information, see our cookie policy. ACCEPT COOKIES MANAGE SETTINGS